Wednesday, August 11, 2010

PrEview: NPR President Vivian Schiller in Vermont, Blueberry Pancakes, Star Gazing

I haven’t taken a summer vacation yet, but last week I realized that my restlessness had more to do with my desire to break from routine than the need to actually leave town. The result? Over the last week, I started learning to play guitar, experimented with a digital SLR camera, took a mountain biking clinic, studied the reproductive habits of corn, and made delicious use of 14 pounds of freshly-picked blueberries.

I hope this issue of prEview inspires you to do the same. Might I humbly sugest taking your radio outside to identify stars and constellations during tonight’s Eye on the Sky Star Gazing Party, or asking a question of NPR President Vivian Schiller when she’s on Vermont Edition tomorrow. And because you’ll need your strength for all the out-of-the-ordinary fun you’ll be having, try out my recipe for blueberry-ricotta pancakes.

Best,
Michelle Jeffery

PS: Save the date for VPR’s Listener Picnic, Saturday, September 11th at Billings Farm and Museum in Woodstock. Meet NPR Media Correspondent David Folkenflik and hear music by Twist of the Wrist, Maple Jam and the Dave Keller Band.

Continue reading this week's prEview.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments anytime, but please keep it civil and constructive! Also, please provide at least your full name and town. Thanks for reading!