VPR is proud to partner with NPR and stations around the country in the second annual Public Radio Music Month, a nationwide initiative that connects local public radio stations, artists and audiences in communities across the United States.
Listen to VPR Classical and VPR News throughout April to hear special programs, conversations, and more to celebrate public radio's contributions to our state's musical landscape. NPR will also capture and share examples from around the country at publicradiomusicmonth.org, including a post today about VPR Classical’s new Student Composer Showcase, which also debuts this week.
Some other features we’re planning include:
- Guest hosts will join Joe Goetz, Walter Parker, and Kari Anderson on VPR Classical as well as Reuben Jackson on Friday Night Jazz and Robert Resnik on All The Traditions to chat about music in a segment we’re calling "Studio Buddies."
- Reuben Jackson will pay tribute to Duke Ellington, whose birthday is also this month (4/29), with reflections and recommendations for CDs and books, audio from his recent talk about Ellington, and photos.
- My Place Host Joel Najman’s lecture on Darlene Love.
- VPR Classical’s Beethoven Project.
- Vermont Edition live music performances.
- ...and more!