Friday, February 6, 2009

Greetings from Robin Turnau

It is my first week as President of Vermont Public Radio, and I couldn't be more excited. I don't think there exists a finer station in all of public radio. I'm incredibly proud of all we've accomplished in the past and it is an honor to be leading Vermont Public Radio into the future.

I am taking the helm during a rather difficult time for nonprofit organizations, and VPR is not immune from the economic challenges we are all facing. As a result of a significant decline in underwriting and investment revenue, we've revised our budget downward by nearly $800,000. We've acted quickly to reduce expenses, and maintaining our service to listeners is our number one priority. I want to assure you that we're doing it in a way that will protect programming as much as possible. You can learn more about our economic strategy at our website.

My goal for the coming year is to strengthen our service to the communities we serve. Despite the economy - and in fact, because of the economy - our 160,000 listeners are depending on VPR and VPR Classical now more than ever to help them make sense of a complex world and connect to one another during uncertain times.

To all of our members and underwriters, I thank you for your commitment to Vermont Public Radio. Your loyalty and support is what makes me so confident that we'll be able to weather this storm. If you have thoughts or ideas to share, I hope you will get in touch.

Robin Turnau
President & CEO

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments anytime, but please keep it civil and constructive! Also, please provide at least your full name and town. Thanks for reading!