Wednesday, June 3, 2009

You Have to Hook'em While They're Young


We often have visitors to our studios, but it's an extra-special treat to welcome young people to Vermont Public Radio. On Wednesday, VPR President Robin Turnau gave a tour to her daughter Maddie's 6th grade class from the Charlotte Central School.

I've never met a listener who doesn't feel lucky to have discovered public radio. I didn't get hooked until after college when I drove a lot for my job, and remember wondering why I didn't start listening sooner. Truth is, it just never crossed my radar.

Maybe these sixth-graders won't start listening right away, but we hope that introducing young people to public radio while they're young will set them on a path to living a curious, engaged, and informed life.

Click here to hear an audio clip recorded by the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments anytime, but please keep it civil and constructive! Also, please provide at least your full name and town. Thanks for reading!