Monday, September 14, 2009

The Moth is Flying

We have been getting great feedback from listeners about The Moth Radio Hour, which has been airing Saturday afternoons at 4 p.m. A sampling of emails we've received:

"The readers are so touching, so real. I've laughed and I've cried listening to their stories."

"Please keep the Moth going! It's simply amazing and it touches me so deeply. Thanks for getting it out there."

"I can tell already that this will be right up there with This American Life - one of my VPR top favorites!"

We're right there with you. In fact, I've taken to listening to the show while running, and I've had to stop multiple times - sometimes because I was laughing hysterically, and others because I was sobbing.

Along with this high praise we've been getting requests to continue airing The Moth Radio Hour on a weekly basis. And we’re right there with you. What you're hearing on Saturdays this month is a five-part 'pilot' series produced by Jay Allison, who also produces StoryCorps. A number of public radio stations around the country are experiencing similar enthusiastic response. With only five hour-long episodes available right now, this series will conclude on September 26. However, right now Jay says he plans to produce 10 new episodes in 2010, with a long-term goal of making The Moth Radio Hour a weekly program.

If you need a fix in the meantime, we hope you’ll subscribe to the weekly podcast of The Moth. Several of us here at VPR have been listening to it for years. And thanks as always for your feedback!






No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments anytime, but please keep it civil and constructive! Also, please provide at least your full name and town. Thanks for reading!