Wednesday, January 27, 2010

VPR's PrEview E-Newsletter: January 27, 2010

Next Saturday, some VPR colleagues and I will meet at the Burlington Waterfront and voluntarily go for a dip in Lake Champlain. It’s the annual Penguin Plunge, which benefits the Special Olympics. VPR has fielded a team for a few years now, but I myself am a plunge rookie. When I’m asked the inevitable question of why I would do such a ridiculous thing, the only answer I can think of is, “why not?”

When it comes to why I listen to Vermont Public Radio, my reasons are much more concrete. I listen because I cannot imagine a morning without Mitch Wertlieb and Morning Edition, an evening without unwinding with George Thomas’s jazz. I listen because I look forward to Saturdays with Spark and Wait, Wait…Don’t Tell Me, and because everyday I hear conversations that draw me in on Vermont Edition.

Why do you listen to VPR? You’ll find plenty more reasons in this edition of prEview. Read on for a recent lecture by Peter Galbraith, an upcoming performance by PoJazz, and a recipe for chicken with roasted lemons from our friends at Eating Well Magazine, tested and recommended by VPR’s Jean Murphy.

Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments anytime, but please keep it civil and constructive! Also, please provide at least your full name and town. Thanks for reading!