Thursday, July 2, 2009

Finding VPR in the Most Unlikely Places

As I drive hither and yon, I tend to listen to VPR 75% of the time, an audio book 20%, and a music CD about 5% of the time. Usually I can keep straight what I'm listening to. But the other night as I was listening to what I thought was an audio book, I heard a woman say that she usually listens to Vermont Public Radio. So I just assumed that I must have the radio on.

Au contraire!

I was listening to Death du Jour by Kathy Reichs. Like the author herself, the book's lead character - Temperance "Tempe" Brennan - is a forensic anthropologist who splits time between Charlotte, North Carolina and Montreal. So I'll assume that when Kathy spends time in Montreal she tunes in to VPR. And thus, that's how we warranted a mention in the book. I'm half way through the book and enjoying it quite a bit.

I'm also loving the series written by Louise Penny set in Three Pines, Quebec (I enjoy learning about our neighbors to the north). I was tipped off to this series during Vermont Edition's winter book show. It's amazing the things I learn listening to VPR. And to audio books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments anytime, but please keep it civil and constructive! Also, please provide at least your full name and town. Thanks for reading!