Thursday, July 2, 2009

Why I Volunteer for VPR Pledge Drives, by Eileen Kristiansen

It's nearly membership drive time again, and we need volunteers to help answer the phones. To encourage you to sign up, we asked long-time volunteer Eileen Kristiansen to share her thoughts on why she volunteers at VPR. See what she has to say, then visit this link to sign up. The drive begins next Thursday, July 9.

Did we mention that we feed you really well?

And that we're charming and lovely to be around?

And there's a box of free books and CDs, just for volunteers?

And there's an endless supply of chocolate?

Okay, enough out of me. Listen to what Eileen has to say about volunteering at VPR:

I have been volunteering for VPR membership drives for nearly 9 years. My first time was answering phones and writing the pledges down on paper. I went with colleagues from work because I was nervous and there was safety in numbers. I was hooked after the first phone call. People that pledge are so warm and supportive and grateful for the volunteers. The staff at VPR feels the same way. I felt so good about what I was doing and about how it was helping others in so many different ways that I've only missed one drive since that time. I can't say enough good
about VPR and how they treat their volunteers. The friendships that I've made there are for life, too. Becoming a VPR volunteer has been one of the smartest things I've ever done."

Here's the link again. Please sign up, and thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments anytime, but please keep it civil and constructive! Also, please provide at least your full name and town. Thanks for reading!