Friday, November 6, 2009

On a Curiosity Bender




It’s been almost five years since we first heard about this crazy new program from WNYC in New York, Radio Lab. I still remember the first time it was explained to me: “Radio Lab is an investigation. They take One Big Idea and explore the science and culture behind it. It’s a patchwork of people, sounds, music, stories, and experiences.”

Oh, well that explains it. Wait….no it doesn’t. I still had no idea what I was in for. But the first time I listened, I was hooked.

But five years and countless episodes later, I still can’t really explain it any better than that. That’s because Radio Lab is all about sound. And you really have to hear it to get it. If you’re a fan of the show, you know what I mean. If you haven’t, you’re in for a real treat. Either way, I hope you’ll tune in for Radio Lab on beginning this Saturday at 4 p.m., through December 5. The big ideas examined in this new season include afterlife, stochasticity, parasites, the “new normal,” and numbers.

Learn more about the series here, and please let us know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments anytime, but please keep it civil and constructive! Also, please provide at least your full name and town. Thanks for reading!