Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Moth: The Reason My Co-workers Shusshh Me


For the next five Saturday afternoons at 4 o'clock, you'll have the opportunity to hear The Moth Radio Hour. These were aired on VPR last Fall to great acclaim.

As one of my responsibilities as a Producer, I must listen to the shows before they go on the air. This is a task for which I should not draw a salary. It is a sheer delight to listen to these programs. With my headphones on, I feel as if I'm part of the original live audience who heard these great tales when they were recorded. They usually have me laughing so loud, my co-workers who reside within 10 square city blocks of my cubicle wonder if I'm really getting any work done. Not all the stories are funny, but they are all compelling.

If you haven't heard The Moth yet, I urge you to give it a listen. But please, do not do it at work in your cubicle. Your co-workers may not be as forgiving as mine are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments anytime, but please keep it civil and constructive! Also, please provide at least your full name and town. Thanks for reading!