Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Morning Edition Is Bliss: Part Three


Here's our latest Morning Edition cartoon by New Yorker cartoonist Harry Bliss. You'll also find it in this week's Seven Days!

Visit our website to see this week's cartoon and to connect with Morning Edition on VPR.

This one holds special meaning for me. Before I tore my PCL last fall, I would get up at 6 a.m. several times a week to run. Since my iPod had no FM tuner, I relied on music and podcasts (Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me is my favorite, as long as you don't mind snorting to yourself and people looking at you funny) to keep me company.

The problem is that doing so meant that I missed Mitch's 6:30 sports update. This was a particular problem during baseball season; I often go to bed before the game is over and rely on Mitch to let me know if our beloved Red Sox won the night before.

Anyhow, my trusty old 2005 4GB iPod Mini finally bit the dust a few weeks ago, and my replacement iPod has an FM tuner! My PCL is nearly healed and I'll be back to running soon. And this time, I'm taking Mitch with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments anytime, but please keep it civil and constructive! Also, please provide at least your full name and town. Thanks for reading!