Thursday, March 14, 2013

Robin Turnau Elected As A Fairbanks Museum Fellow


Among the most valued and enduring partnerships in Vermont non-profit history has been the 31-year relationship between the Fairbanks Museum and Vermont Public Radio. As far as I know, there is no other weather forecast quite like the Eye on the Sky broadcast anywhere! When colleagues at other stations hear that VPR airs a three-minute weather forecast, they look at me like I'm crazy.  However, the Eye On The Sky has become a Vermont tradition of telling the story behind the weather, not just the temperature and whether it's going to rain today.
With Charlie Brown at the Fairbanks Museum

During my 24 years at VPR, I've enjoyed working with Fairbanks Museum director Charlie Browne and meteorologists Mark Breen and Steve Maleski as they work to bring daily comprehensive weather forecasts to our listeners. I've seen our partnership grow over the last decade as we added Eye On The Night Sky and the Eye On The Sky Facebook page to serve our audience in different ways. 

I'm very proud of this partnership, and I was quite surprised and honored to find that the Museum Board had selected me along with six others as Fairbanks Museum Fellows, a community of scientists, scholars, educators, community leaders, and volunteers who have made a “profound impact on the vitality of the Museum”. Charlie Browne and Museum Board Chair Tracy Zschau welcomed us at a celebration on Saturday night in Saint Johnsbury.  

I want to thank the Fairbanks Museum for the honor, and I look forward to many more years of partnership!

-Robin Turnau

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments anytime, but please keep it civil and constructive! Also, please provide at least your full name and town. Thanks for reading!